Presented by Louise Stapleton-Frappell PCBC-A
CEUs: PPAB 1.5, IAABC 1.5.
Join Louise Stapleton-Frappell for this in depth presentation in which she delves into the complexities of linear behaviour chains.
In this webinar we will examine the best methods to build compound linear chains and we will take a look at different strategies that will help you improve your chains. You'll learn how to perform a task analysis and collect data that will facilitate errorless learning. We will look at the interplay between operant and respondent conditioning and you will learn about fun techniques such as the ‘Quick Cue’ game, which can be used to proof both the discreet and the complex behaviours that you teach
The presentation will focus on a fun trick that is also a skill needed by many assistance dogs – How to fetch their guardian a drink - but in learning how to teach this 'trick', you will also learn some different strategies that focus on how to teach an amazing retrieve to hand!
You don't want to miss out on this informative, thought-provoking, fun-filled session.
- Understand why and how to perform a task analysis
- Understand how to write a training plan and the importance of data collection
- Deepen your understanding of behaviour chains
- Gain a deep understanding of how to forwards chain
- Understand how and why to backwards chain compound behaviours that are linear chains.
- Understand how to maintain a consistent high standard of 'tricks' (behaviours)
- Learn different strategies for teaching and proofing an amazing retrieve to hand
- Learn how to teach your dog to open a door
- Learn how to teach your dog to close a door
- Learn how to teach your training partner to fetch you a drink from the fridge
About the Presenter
B.A. Hons. PCBC-A. PCT-A. CAP3. CTDI. DN-FSG. DN-CPCT2
Louise Stapleton-Frappell B.A.Hons. Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant - Accredited. Professional Canine Trainer - Accredited (through the Pet Professional Accreditation Board). Certified Trick Dog Instructor. Fun Scent Games Instructor. Clicker Competency Assessment Program Level 3 Distinction. Force-Free Instructor's Award and K9 First Aid Certification. Super Trainer Clicker Trainer. Animal Behavior and Welfare. Dog Emotion and Cognition. Certified Pet Care Technician. Pet Dog Ambassador Instructor and Assessor.
Louise is a passionate advocate of force-free training. She believes that everyone should know how to teach their dog using science based, rewards based, force-free training methods.
Louise is both a Steering Committee Member and the Membership Manager of The Pet Professional Guild British Isles; Steering Committee Member and Education Committee Member of The Pet Professional Guild. Steering Committee Member of Doggone Safe, Regional Coordinator of Doggone Safe in Spain and Co-Presenter of PPG World Service Radio.Louise is the owner of The DogSmith of Estepona. She is a Faculty Member of DogNostics Career College. and the author and instructor of the DogNostics Dog Training Certificate Programme and TrickMeister Titles.