CEUs PPAB, 1.5. IAABC, 1.5.
As a professional dog trainer and behaviour consultant, I have seen a dramatic increase in the number of dogs bred from specific ‘working lines’ being homed to pet owners, and as a result an increase in behaviour problems linked to the dog not having sufficient stimulation.
This online webinar will give professionals, dog owners and instructors a greater level of understanding when dealing with dogs that can be described as ‘high drive’. These dogs are canine athletes, centurions and often prone to OCD behaviour….This can result in a ‘culture clash’ between the dogs needs and the knowledge of the owner.
No owner wants to feel over whelmed by their dog's behaviour, or feel they aren’t meeting their needs.
This webinar aims to give the participant the skills and knowledge to fulfil the needs of these animals, and there owners. To enhance their own knowledge and result in a better relationship between dog and owner.
This webinar is a must for anyone dealing with this ‘Type A’ personality dog in rescue, with clients, as an owner, potential owner or a dog behaviour enthusiast.
- This webinar will allow you to identify a “high drive’ dog, both physically and by behaviour.
- Identify common behaviour problems linked with this type of dog
- Understand why they have these traits
- Coping strategies for these dogs
- Learning to teach them to function in domestic settings
- Techniques to manage and train their behaviour
- Problem solving
- Preventing issues at puppyhood
- Skills to identify this type of dog when buying/rescuing/rehoming
About The Presenter
Head trainer and owner of East London Dog Training, Kamal Fernandez has over 20 years' experience training dogs from all walks of life. He started training in 1991 after adopting Scrunch, an independent free-willed chow-chow mix who prompted a trip to Newham Dog Training Club at Eastlea School in London, England. Thus began an epic journey into the world of dog training which started with a dog that would not come back when called, to competing in the Obedience Championship at renowned UK dog show, Crufts.
Fernandez has immersed himself in the world of animal training, led by some of the 'leading lights' in the field such as Sylvia Bishop, Susan Garrett, Bob Bailey, Ian Dunbar and Karen Pryor. Now an internationally renowned seminar instructor, Fernandez has been invited to teach all over the world in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Belgium and Germany.
Kamal is a Special Council Member of The Pet Professional Guild British Isles.
A Few Highlights of Kamal's Career
Guest speaker at the Victoria Stilwell national bite conference 2016
Trainer on sky TV production 'Dogs Might Fly'
TV appearances on BBC 1, 2, channel 4 and 5.
Faculty member of the Fenzi Dog Sport Academy
Owner/Trainer of the following:
- Ob Ch suenijon Touch of Magic CDx UDx (Border Collie)
- Currahee Touch of magic Ch C (Border collie)
- Jotunheim Excalibar Ch C (Malinois)
- Vombrittania Anza Ch C, World Cup Team member Crufts 2015 (Malinois)
Some of his students accomplishments: